The Best Protein Powders for the Mercury Toxic and the Benefits
Protein powder is one essential food source I recommend to my mercury toxic patients. The form of protein powder is crucial to how easy it is to digest and how assimilable it is to the cells. Whey, soy and egg white protein powder is not ideal, as it is harder to digest and often causes sensitivities, heaviness, lethargy and bloating for those with a leaky gut condition.
Some protein powders contain sugars, artificial sweeteners, flavorings and preservatives and other toxic chemicals. It is important to consume a protein powder free of toxins and sugars which feed pathogens, causing them to multiply more rapidly.
The various benefits of consuming the amino acids in protein powders are:
- Nourishes and strengthens the adrenals. The mercury toxic typically develop adrenal fatigue/exhaustion.
- Promotes the liver’s production of glutathione, the body’s #1 detoxifier.
- Helps re-build the intestinal mucosal layer. This easily gets damaged by mercury and other heavy metals. The intestinal mucosal layer consists of amino acids.
- Amino acids are precursors for the production neurotransmitters. The majority of neurotransmitters are produced in the gut. Mercury toxicity impairs the production of neurotransmitters.
- Improves assimilation and methylation [proper break down of foods]. Good digestion begins with amino acids.
- Strengthens the pancreas and stimulates the production of digestive acids and enzymes. Pancreatic digestive enzyme production becomes impaired by heavy metal toxicity.
- Amino acids detoxify unhealthy bacteria and tissue in the gut.
Following are ideal protein powders that are highly assimilable, sugar and chemical-free and do not contain algae or herbs that you may not want:
- High Performance Coconut Collagen Protein with Colostrum. Designed by German physician Bernd Friedlander. High in vitamins and minerals, colostrum and cinnamon. Contains a small amount of ALA (50 mg per 2 scoops). www.ZebraOrganics.com
- Sun Warrior Blend Organic Protein (natural flavor). They come in different flavors. Contains raw organic pea protein, hemp protein, hemp seed and whole coconut.
- Vital Nutrients Organic Pea Protein. 100% organic pea.
- Garden of Life Organic Plant Protein Vanilla. Certified Organic Plant Protein Blend: Contains pea, flax seed, cranberry seed, baobab fruit, moringa leaf, chia seed, pumpkin seed, cacao, stevia, raw enzyme blend.
- Omega Nutrition Organic Pumpkin Seed Powder. 100% pumpkin seeds.
- Protocol for Life Balance Plant Protein Vanilla. Non-GMO Plant Protein Blend: yellow pea protein isolate, sprouted brown rice protein concentrate, hemp protein, quinoa protein, natural flavors xylitol, organic stevia.
- Body Ecology’s Probiotic Protein Shake. Organic, fermented pea protein, rice protein, glucomannan, fenugreek, whole jerusalem artichoke flour, celtic sea salt, probiotics, prebiotics, spinach, kale, parsley. wwwBodyEcology.com
- Body Ecology’s Immune Power Protein. 100% fermented which improves assimilation. Contains organic pea protein, amaranth (naturally gluten-free) , quinoa, medicinal mushrooms, probiotics, prebiotics, brocolli, kale, sea kelp, stevia. Due to the kelp in this formula, those who are more toxic or with more severe food and supplement sensitivities should avoid this formula initially until you’ve made further progress repairing the gut and improving food sensitivities. Kelp often causes sensitivities and adverse reactions for more severe cases. www.BodyEcology.com
- Foods Alive Hemp Protein Powder. Organic hemp protein powder.
- Manitoba Harvest Hemp Pro 70. Organic hemp protein and natural plant extracts.
- Nutiva Hemp Protein Hi-fiber. 100% organic hemp protein. Contains 66% edestin, a bioactive globulin protein that’s easy to digest.
- Nutribiotic Vegan Rice Protein Vanilla. Enzymatically processed rice protein. Note: Their other rice protein powder contains sugar.
- Vital Proteins Collagen Protein. 100% pure beef gelatin. Grass Fed and Pasture Raised. Collagen is the most abundant protein in the body. Collagen peptides are short chain amino acids naturally derived from collagen protein. These natural peptides are highly bio-available and digestible. www.DrRons.com
- Great Lakes Beef Gelatin Protein Powder.
- Ancient Nutrition Bone Broth Protein. 100% bone broth protein.
- Swansons 100% Certified Organic Pea Protein.
Mercury Detox Specialist, Connie Fox HHP, NC · www.MercuryMadness.info
The information provided is for informational purposes only and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease, illness or health condition. Discuss all health or nutrition-related matters with your physician.